Top Ten Reasons Why the Senate Should Definitely Not Pass S.680:
10. Girls will be disappointed when they realize that their odds of emulating the success of a few lucky women are not so high.
9. Julia Child’s kitchen is already in the Smithsonian, and that’s all girls need to aspire to.
8. The museum would be funded entirely by donations, probably made by radicals with an agenda.
7. Women have not contributed much to America so far. Really, Betsy – you sewed a flag while there was a war on?
6. It would be more fiscally responsible in this time of economic turmoil to simply change the Museum of the American Indian into the Museum for Everyone Who isn’t a Straight White Man.
5. What women’s history? What could men (and everyone else) possibly learn from women?
4. The museum is supported by a bi-partisan committee. Nothing is supported by a bi-partisan committee anymore.
3. There are plenty of role models for young women memorialized in DC already: Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln. Who isn’t inspired by a giant phallic pillar?
2. There’s a monument to MLK Jr. under construction already. Let’s not get out of hand, minorities.
1. Women should be rewarded for their success, which has been limited. Nice try, Hillary. Work harder.
The National Women’s History Museum. Check it out.